For the purpose of simple object tests for demo purposes, three capacitive touch points were crudely added to the objects. There are far better approaches, and it only works on metal objects, but this works for some quick tests.
Purchase the following items:
- More than 3 replacement tips for capacitive stylus pens (like you’d use for an iPad).
- Friendly Swede worked well.
- Metal mesh tips will hold up better.
- Conductive Silver Foil Tape (with a conductive adhesive).
- 3M offers a quality product.
- Standard electrician’s tape
- Rip three replacement tips from the tips’ housing, using pliers.
- Using the conductive tape, attach the tips to the object.
- To avoid false touch screen reads, cover the entire base (except where the tips are taped) with electrician’s tape.